THE EUROPEAN CARNIVAL OF ZOOMORPHIC MASKS WILL BE HELD IN MOLISE IN 2023
European Carnival of Zoomorphic Masks
Isernia – Molise (Italy) 23/26 February 2023
Thursday 23 February
• Isernia, 11.00 am, Unification of Italy Auditorium, opening of the information point.
• Isernia, 5.30 pm, Auditorium Unità d’Italia, screening of films and presentation of books on carnivals.
Friday 24 February
• Campobasso, Ex-Gil hall, 5.00 pm, international conference “Velli, horns and cowbells”, with the presentation of the various masks participating in the review and with the presence of Italian and foreign scholars.
• Isernia, 9.00 pm, Auditorium Unità d’Italia, concert by the ethnoband “Il Tratturo”.
Saturday 25 February
• Isernia, 4.30 pm, “Great Procession in Mask”, through the streets and squares of the city, of the numerous Italian and foreign groups participating (with over two hundred and fifty participants) and contextual representation of the respective carnival rites, with gathering in Piazza Andrea d’Isernia and big final party with traditional and neo-ethnic music.
Sunday 26 February
• Isernia, 11.00 am, in Piazza Andrea d’Isernia, pantomimes with the masks of the Molise zoomorphic carnivals.
A major international event, with a parade of over two hundred and fifty people wearing the traditional costumes of the most famous European carnivals characterized by animal masks.
Various other initiatives will take place during the event, including a special philatelic cancellation managed by Poste Italiane and the preparation and tasting of carnival dishes, typical of the Molise tradition, in collaboration with the Italian Academy of Cuisine.
For Info and Contacts:
+39 338 365 3765
+39 339 494 7890
+39 366 125 8356
Isernia – Molise (Italy) 23-26 February 2023
One night two days –> 149€
Two nights three days –> 249€
Three nights four days –> 349€
Half board in 4* hotel
Lunches at typical restaurants
Entrance fees to sites and museums as scheduled